The great thing about this is it uses frozen chicken breast. You can throw it in the crockpot in the morning and be ready to eat by afternoon! You’ll have shredded buffalo chicken for lettuce wraps, tortillas, anything. You could do it with other sauces, too.
You will need:
- One frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breast
- About a cup of buffalo sauce (I like Texas Pete but there are many to try)
Here’s what you do:
- Put the frozen chicken breast in the crockpot and cover it with buffalo sauce. It doesn’t have to be completely covered.
- Set the crockpot to “low” and let it cook for 5 or 6 hours.
- Remember that every time you open the crockpot, it takes something like 20 minutes for it to heat back up to where it was, so try not to open it until you have to.
- The chicken is done when you can shred it with a fork – put the breast in a bowl and shred it up, and add whatever extra sauce you like from the pot.